Ir al contenido principal

Post 5: My Future Job


Well, this is something that I have thought about for a long time. At least in this moment of my life, I imagine my job as an archaeologist as one that combines teaching at a University (hopefully an English one) and investigations, with all the travels that imply that.

I would love to have the best of both worlds, which means to be in a nice University and a nice city, and at the same time, or with divided periods (like 6 months in the faculty and 6 in an outdoor place) being travelling to make investigations. So, if I had the chance I probably would not travel so much, but I would do it at least once a year.

In terms of the salary, I can not give any numbers, because for me that is not a big deal, whenever the salary allows me to live comfortably and without many preoccupations, I would be more than satisfied. 

Right now I am in the second year of the major of Anthropology at the Universidad de Chile, and in the future, I am planning to do a master in Archaeology at the Universidad de Chile because that is the University in which I am studying right now so it would be easier for me to enter on that master, and that master it would be really useful for my professional career because it gives me more diversity of themes to study than other masters. After that, I want to go to another country and maybe do another kind of master, and then finally the PhD... and, who knows, perhaps a post PhD. So, I could say that I want to follow the classic academic path!




Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 3: Let's talk about the pandemic

Due to the coronavirus, many people are struggling with many different problems, problems like the economic crisis, which is affecting common people and big enterprises, causing serious complications for almost everybody, increasing the inequity of our country and in most of the world.  There are also difficulties in terms of mental health because the world situation causes anxiety and fear, especially in those people that live alone or in older persons. Also, teleworking and online classes have not been the best experience for many of us, it is well known that those new kinds of work or study made life more difficult, many people now have problems with organization, sleeping habits, and with their yield in work/classes themselves. Today people had to change most of their lives, the way that we used to work, study, share with others, get out to the street, everything now is completely different. The vast majority of us is now living more connected to the internet and technologies than

England, the place for me

Since I was a little boy, I accidentally began to fell in love with England, the very first sign was my love for " The Beatles ", it was the first time that I felt so much passion for a musical group and for music in general, there was something hypnotizing in them which still today I can't explain, but what remains in me was the knowledge about all his history, history in which England is obviously an important part, and is because of that I started to dream about going to that country. But my path to the British culture didn't stop there, as a kid I also consume some important tv shows from that country, shows such as " Doctor Who ", which was probably the very first tv show I obsessed with. Later on, I remember I discovered " Mr Bean ", and " Sherlock" (the BBC series) which were very influential programs for me because they marked me and forged a big part of my personality, such as my kind of humour, or my perceptive and sceptical way